Skip to main content

Quilting WIPS

 You may recall that I decided 2023 was the year I wanted to learn to quilt.  I grabbed the Basket Case pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew and Sandy Gervais's Hello Spring fabric and got started.  Basket Case is a beginner friendly quilt pattern that uses jelly rolls.

Well, I've got all the pieces cut out and have 4 sets of blocks done.  Only 34 more to make!


But, being me, I couldn't just work on one quilt at a time LOL  I jumped in with both feet and am doing two block of the month quilts.  The first is the one that is from Sherri McConnell and her daughter Chelsi Stratton from A Quilting Life.  I've followed her blog for several years even though I am just now making my first quilt.  I've used their fabric to sew clothes before.  They have been doing these block of the month quilts for several years now.  I've got all my blocks caught up for this.  I'm using one of their older fabric lines called Clover Hollow.



The second block of the month quilt I am doing is from Corey Yoder at Coriander Quilts.  Once again, I've followed her blog for years.  I mean like YEARS LOL  She designs fabric and quilts and leans toward scrappy designs.  She gave me a faboulous tip on Facebook this week while I was working on making the fabric strip blocks.  I've got half of the strip blocks done to make into half square triangles.  Of course, I jumped ahead and made this month's block.



As mentioned previously, I love watching Kimberly Jolly of the Fat Quarter Shop.  She hosted a Quilt Along (QAL) that is just wrapping up called Sewcialites 2.  I ordered some adorable Christmas fabric to do this one.  I'll probably get started on it over the weekend if Hubs works.

Until Next Time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of