Skip to main content

Weekly Meal Plan for August 14, 2023

 Hi friends!  Eliza Dog and I are at home in Alabama this week.  She's actually at doggie daycare right now.  She knew right where to go when I got her out of the truck.  I hope that means she likes it LOL  She will go back on Thursday.  I plan on heading to Huntsville for the day and having lunch with Lo and going to the cross stitch/quilting store. 

Weigh in on Saturday went ok, I was up .4.  I have TOTALLY eaten off my plan all weekend.  I ordered pizza cause I lost track of time cutting out a new Halloween quilt for Jenna.  And yesterday Billy and I had foot long coneys from Sonic for dinner before he went back to Georgia.  But, I'm back on track this morning.  I hit up our Publix after dropping Eliza off and grocery shopped so I am good.  I picked up a pancake/waffle mix that is Keto.  I'm wanting a waffle.  I'll let you know how it tastes next week.



Here's the menu plan for the week...

Monday - chicken strips with roasted radishes and broccoli and cheese sauce.  I really liked the roasted radishes I made a couple weeks ago so I'm doing them again.

Tuesday - shrimp tacos with coleslaw.  Yes, this is the same recipe as a couple weeks ago that I LOVED.

Wednesday - pulled pork with coleslaw.  I bought burger buns for Jenna and Em and I'll probably eat mine without any bread.

Thursday - I found this good looking recipe for cauliflower rice with sausage.  They called it a dirty rice swap, but it looks more like jambalaya.

Friday - avocado corn chicken salad.  I found this recipe on Instagram.

I'm figuring I will have TONS of leftovers this week since I'm here by myself.  I'm sure Jenna and Em will eat with me most nights.  Jen was happy I'd be home for a bit.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Finally Finished A Year of Celebrations

Ash and Grant came visit the second week of July.  I always love having them at the house.  I miss them terribly.  So, I knew I needed to get my butt in gear and finish her birthday present. I actually finished stitching these pretties back in May, well before we left Odessa.  I even bought the frame for them in Odessa. And cut out the sticky board LOL  I had ordered a new glue gun, but the wrong glue stick size, so that is what the hold up was.  But, with Ashley coming to visit I got the correct glue sticks and got to work. This was easy to finish up and Ashley loved them.  The pattern is A Year of Celebrations by Hands on Design (one of both mine and Ashley's favorite designers). I dyed the fabric myself.  I believe it was a color called paper bag on the Rit Dye website.  I used some of the called for colors, but most of it was switched to Colour and Cotton threads. With this set being done, I am motivated to finish up my Truckin Along series b