Skip to main content

The V Games by Ker Dukey and K Webster

 HOLY SMOKES, BATMAN!  This series had me captivated from the first page!


There are three books in the V Games series - Vlad, Ven and Vas. Think Russian mafia. Think dark depravity.  Think women who are equally as strong as the men - Diana, I am talking about you!  Think twists and turns.  If you have all that going on in your head, multiply it by 5122554256 and you have what is going on here. 

This series starts with Vlad's story.  I don't want to say too much about the actual story lines and give too much away, but just know that Vlad and Diana are willing to put their families first and do what must be done.  Do Vlad and Diana love each other?  Of course not!  Remember, family first.  So, who do they love?  Wellllll, Vlad loves Diana's younger sister, Irina.  And Irina has always loved Vlad but knew she could never have him.  Those twists and turns happen and this book ends with Vlad and Irina together.



Now,  the series name is the V Games.  Think murder and mayhem where people bet on the players.  Not just on who will win, but who will kill who and more money for you if it's long and drawn out with anything dark and depraved going on before the last breath.  We get a hint of the Games in Vlad's book, but we get to see what really happens in the Games during Ven's book!  And once again, I don't want to say too much.  Ven's book picks up immediately where Vlad's left off and we see Ven realize he can have what and who he wants cause she was virtually dropped in his lap.  But, this being a story by this author duo, things are not that simple LOL  More twists and turns and we get a front row seat to the Games.  And holy smoke!  I could not stop turning pages.  And the winner was fantastic!  Ven realizes he gave up on his love and works to get her back.  Does she fall immediately back in bed with him?  NO!  She is strong and commanding and knows what she wants and deserves in life.  She has proven herself time and again.  Yeah, she and Ven get back together and I was happy for that.  The end of this had me jumping out of my chair (I was reading at work) and pacing for a few moments.  I sat back down and immediately started Vas's book


And oh my stars.  Vas was my favorite.  Yes, he is the son of one of the First Families, but an illegitimate one. So he grew up on the outside looking in.  He had a bit more softness to him than Vlad or Ven.  But make no mistake, Vas is not a softy.  He is just as ruthless -  he's a fighter and trains people for the V Games.  He has his sights set on someone we met in Vlad's book and was the center of the OH SHIT moment there at the end of Ven's book.  And watching Vas and her find their way had me turning pages and finishing his book before I went to bed.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I read this in like an afternoon and evening.  Thank heavens Hubs went fishing after work and I didn't have to cook dinner.

So, I definitely think you need to grab this boxset and read this series.  Start at the beginning because the story builds throughout.  Be warned though - this is NOT light and fluffy.  It is dark, gruesome and taboo and might make you want to throw up.  But if you can get through that, I really think you will love it!

Until next time...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of