Skip to main content

Saturday's Procrastination

 Helllooooo!!!!

I've got the computer on, sample papers pulled up, papers printed out, webpages pulled up on Brazil and their coffee exporting.  I'm ready to write!  And what am I doing?  Typing up a blog post 😁  You know, procrastination at it's finest.

I really do have the outline done - turned it in this week.  And I will get to the paper.  I have no choice.  The class ends on the 24th.  I have to do the paper and another 2 modules.  I will need to take a day off next week to work on school stuff.

Speaking of taking a day off to do school stuff, I did that this week.  I took Wednesday off.  That's when I got the outline done.  But, I did not get to work on school stuff all day because Mal called and said she has COVID


Bless her heart, she was crying and upset.  Not over the fact that she was sick, but over the fact that now her closest friends need to get tested.  Billy and I called our work teledoc thing and they said we were not in danger of getting it since we saw her on Saturday, which was more than 48 hours before she started feeling bad and we didn't need to test.  However, we did, just to be safe...and I was not feeling good.  Both of our tests came back negative.  We both got antibiotics and allergy meds because we have sinus infections.  Billy doesn't feel bad, at all.  Just stuffy.  I, on the other hand, feel bad.  And it comes and goes in waves.  I'll be tugging along and all of a sudden a wave of tiredness and just blah comes over me with a wave of heat, or chills, and I ache.  I'm fairly sure my test results are wrong.

And speaking of wrong test results... with Mallory testing positive, Harley tested.  Came back negative, but she retested 2 days later and LO AND BEHOLD!!! It was positive.  So, both my girls are quarantining in Tuscaloosa, with me up here.  I did an online grocery run for them and had them pick it up, so they should be good for a bit.  

I will be so glad when this is over.  It's been hyped up soooo much, yet has such a high recovery rate.   Doctors have told people we know that masks do not work to stop the spread of this, so why all the mask mandates?  And why the talk of a nationwide mask mandate if/when Biden takes office?  I honestly feel this is a ploy by the government to take a small amount of our freedoms from us as they work to transition us to a form of government that is not what our Founding Fathers had in mind.  If they transition us in small steps, we won't realize which way we are going until it's too late.  You have your opinions, I have mine.  Whether they are the same is not up for debate.  That's the beauty of living in the USA, we can have opposite opinions and still live in harmony.   It's been that way since the birth of our precious country. Except, is our country really in harmony right now? It's an ugly place, full of discord and chaos that is being spurred on by people who should be doing all in their power to stop it.  We need to remember that our Loving Father, God the Almighty is also a vengeful God who will make those who are sewing this hatred pay.  I look forward to the day Jesus comes to Earth once again to call His people home.  

On a lighter note,   I still have some cross stitch to show you.  And I have a new Christmas comforter I bought last weekend that I am itching to put on my bed.  Maybe that will be goal - work on the paper for a bit and reward myself with changing the sheets and comforter.  

Until next time....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of