Skip to main content

Lip Licking Lip Balm, Rollerball Kissing Potion Gloss and Gag Me with a Spoon

 Picture it, New Iberia,  Louisiana, 1982.  It's a hot and humid day, as is normal at any time of the year in south Louisiana.  But on this particular day, you are looking at a group of 5th grade girls at North Lewis Elementary.  It is the HEIGHT of Valley Girl times and Robin Tipton is throwing "like" and "for sure" into every sentence.


 While Stephanie Breaux and myself going crazy over Hello Kitty erasers 


and these amazing lip glosses.
and these...


OK, so Robin was crazy for them too.  We all were.  That's the point.  Mrs. de la Houssaye must have given us so many demerits over pulling out the lip gloss and applying it.  But you know, we were 5th graders.  Lip gloss was important.  Even if we didn't have air conditioning in the classroom, we still needed our lips to shine LOL
At some point we stopped wearing this glamorous shiny gloss and lip balm.  It was probably some time in junior high when we got to start wearing "real" makeup and aspired to look like Madonna. 
And just so you know, me looking like Madonna was a big NO at my house.  Other than the bracelets.  Thanks, Madonna, I STILL wear bracelets and stack them 😁
So imagine my excitement and how it brought me right back to elementary school when I found Tinte Cosmetics.   They have that luscious rollerball Kissing Potion and all the flavors of lip balm in the vintage tins.  It kills me to think that something from my childhood is vintage.  I swear I am not that old.  I went ahead and bought some just to see if it was as good as I remembered.  Guess what?!  It was!  It smelled the same and tasted the same and I have the spearmint, vanilla and bubble gum ones on my nightstand.  I am sure I will be buying the girls some for their stockings this year.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of