Skip to main content

WIP Wednesday

 Today is Wednesday, right?  My days are always off after a holiday.  I'm thankful for the rest and family time, but I'm lost on days.  So, we're just going to go with today being Wednesday, even if it isn't (I just checked and it is!)

So, with that being said, here's what I'm working on this week in cross stitch.  First up is my June Cross Stitch Camp piece.  Sherri, The Colorado Stitcher on Instagram and Youtube, hosts Cross Stitch Camp each summer.  Each month, June, July and August, has a theme.  June was stitch something with a bird.  I chose Every Day Things by Heart in Hand (this was released this year at Nashville Market).  I am soooo close to being done that I will finish it in July.  This is on 16 count wren by Picture this Plus with all the called for floss.


July's Cross Stitch Camp theme was something that grows.  I liberated Autumn 1831 by Samplers Not Forgotten from my wish list on 123stitch.  I'm doing it on 16 count Catacombs by BeStitchMe. I'm in her fabric of the month club and this was what I got in June.  I'm doing all the called for floss.  I don't think I'll be close to finishing it this month because I have other stitchy pieces I want to work on.  But who knows how far I'll get.


And of course it's Jolly July so I'm starting Santa's Candy Cane Lane by Stitching with the Housewives.  I started it this morning on cherub by Picture this Plus but the white just wasn't showing up enough so chalkboard black it is.  I'm definite I won't finish this this month.


On the quilty side, I'm making some project bags this evening when Em goes home.  I've pulled Holly Jolly and Hallo-Harvest fabrics for them.  Fig Tree Fabrics has a great tutorial on project bags on their blog that I am going to follow.  It's similar to the one Nichol Spor does as well.



I am caught up on my block of the month by Sherri and Chelsea of A Quilting Life.  I missed last month but did both blocks Monday.  Only 5 left.


I plan on sewing along with Fat Quarter Shop on the Jolly Holiday quilt by Lella Boutique.  It uses the new fabric line Christmas Eve.  I have some of the line Christmas Morning that was released a couple years ago that I am using first in the free mystery Christmas quilt that Fat Quarter Shop did a few years ago so that I can throw that in Jolly Holiday.  I've got the first two rows of the mystery quilt done. 

I've been cutting out fabric to make the Pear Row quilt by Fig Tree Quilts.  I grabbed the bundle of late summer pears fabrics that Joanna put together.  And I want to get back to the Summer Memories quilt by Susan Ache that I started.  I also need to finish up Basket Case.  I'm thinking I'm working on Basket Case tomorrow.  

Wow!  That's a lot of plans!  I need to get busy.  Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of