Skip to main content

Top 3 Books of 2020 - More or Less

 This year my reading goal was 104 books.  That roughly translates to 2 books a week.  That is considerably less than previous years goals.  But, I knew that with working full time and going back to school there was not much of a chance of reading a whole lot more than that.  I managed to finish 113 books for 2020.  Not bad, all things considered.  

When I was going through the list of books I read this year to pick my top 3 favorites, I realized I might have to do it a little different because there were quite a few that I loved and several of them were in the same series or stand alones, but by the same author.  These are in no particular order cause I loved them all.

First up is the books I read by Ilsa Madden-Mills this year.  All three of them were added to my Favorites list on Goodreads.  I read The Revenge Pact.  I have the review posted here.  River and Anastasia killed me! There was also I Promise You.  Dillon and Serena's story was amazing!  You can check out my review here.  And lastly this year there was Not My Romeo.  Jack and Elena...SWOON!  This was a case of a blind date gone wrong that leads to love.  If you read this and don't always think of Romeo and Juliet differently after, you are not a romantic at heart 😀  




Next up is the Mafia Royals series by Rachel Van Dyken.  This series starts with a novella titled Royal Bully.  It features Asher and Claire.  I normally don't read the prequels to series, but I did for this one and I was hooked!  This was gritty and angsty and I loved every word.  So, when I was able to get my hands on Ruthless Princess I was over the moon.  Serena and Junior's story did not disappoint!  Then, there was Scandalous Prince.  More grit and more angst and Breaker and Violet had me in tears.  I've got the review posted here. Just know that as I sit here typing this, I am refreshing my Kindle because the next one in the series, Destructive King, is supposed to be sent to me today.  I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!  




And to round out my "Top 3" LOL is the Broken Crown Trilogy by Maria Luis.  The first two books are out and are AMAZING!  The Road to Fire is the first one and The Sound of Madness is the second.  This is another gritty angsty series that is set in London.  Twists and turns are all over this and you have to start from the beginning to get it all.  What I love the most about these books is the heroines.  Isla and Rowena are strong and capable and do what needs to be done.  They are women I would aspire to be - if I wanted to kill the king or hunt people that I've been ordered to kill LOL    Seriously, these are good and I am on pins and needles waiting for the last book.



And if I could throw in one more it would be Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.  Yes, I know this is not a new book - it was published in 1991.  But I just got around to reading it this year.  I loved every word of it and read it through tears streaming down my face.  This is one that I think everyone in the world should read.  The pure love Michael has for Angel is parallel to God's unwavering love for us.  This is timeless and beautifully written. 

I hope you found a couple of books to add to your reading list for next year.  If you have read any of these, let me know your thoughts on them.

Until next time....







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

A Lady Awakened by Cecilia Grant

I won an ARC of this on Goodreads - thank you so much!  I enjoyed it so much! My favorite romances are of the Regency period and this is that time period.  But that is where all similarities to others end.  Mrs. Russell (I just can't bring myself to call her Martha LOL) is a new widow who comes to realize she will loose her home and her dowry if she doesn't produce a male heir.  The kicker to this is that the late Mr. Russell's brother is a total jerk-face who has taken advantage of women in their home when he lived there as a young man.  Enter Mr. Theo Mirkwood...the rogue who has been sent to the country as a punishment by his father.  Mrs. Russell employs Mr. Mirkwood as her "stud" for a month so she can conceive a child and claim the inheritance.   Mrs. Russell believes she can't take any pleasure from their daily (later it becomes nightly) encounters.  Theo eventually changes her mind.  Martha is so set on her plan to thwart her late hus