Skip to main content

Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)Play of Passion by Nalini Singh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

IT'S WAR!!!  At least that is what is going on in the overall story line with this series.  The Psy Council has split in two factions - those wanting to continue on with Silence, even knowing it's failing and those who are ready to change cause they see how it isn't working.  So, the Changelings are brought into the internal fight among the Psy because of Psy defectors and business dealings.  And I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE WHERE THIS GOES!!!!

Oh yeah!  This was a romance book.  Did I forget to mention that?  Sorry. I got a little excited there cause I love the world that Nalini Singh created and I read these for the overall story as much as for the romance.

This was Drew Kincaid and Indigo Rivere's book.  Both are members of the SnowDancer wolf pack.  Indigo, or Indy as Drew calls her, is a Lieutenant and Drew is the Tracker for the pack.  I fell head over heals in love with Drew.  He's fun and playful and could make even the most stubborn of women swoon with his form of courtship (and he did just that courting Indy).  I want Drew Kincaid for myself ;)  Indy really bothered me.  At first, she was worried about being involved with Drew cause he was younger than her (only 4 years) and cause she had a higher rank than him.  She was worried he wouldn't be dominate enough for her.  Then, as they were dating and getting to know each other better, she realized that he is VERY dominate and then she was concerned that he was too much.  By the time she accepted the mating between them I did like her better, but it took a while.

As with the other books in this series, we got a brief glimpse at some of the couples we've seen before.  This time we got a look at Judd and Brenna.  I have to say I LOVE the way Judd has changed.  He's not nearly as cold as he was and I like the bonds that he's formed with Drew and Riley and Hawke.  Speaking of Hawke....when he and Sienna are on the pages together, they light them up.  I am beyond glad that their book is next.  The sparks between them are out of this world.

All in all, another well written addition to this series.  If you haven't started this, go get the first book and start reading!


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of