Skip to main content

Lover Reborn by JR Ward


Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had 4 long hours of car time to think about what I wanted to say about this.  I both loved and hated this book.  It was wonderful and amazing to get back into this world, but I hated the way Tohr was a total jerk to Autumn/No'One - denying that he was falling in love with her and the way he treated her sometimes nearly killed me.  I get that he lost his mate and felt that he'd never love anyone else ever again, but the things he said to Autumn were rude and uncalled for; and they were said in anger cause he was experiencing what he thought he'd never feel again.


The whole John Matthew and Xhex thing was another love/hate part of the book for me.  I loved that JR Ward showed us that not all the couples have fairy tale perfect lives once they mate.  I hated that Xhex was so stubborn and wouldn't go be with him and wouldn't attempt to compromise before he approached her.  When she decided to work in the club, why couldn't she have gone back to JM and lived with him then?  Very frustrating.


Now, when you read this part, please don't throw tomatoes at me....but I liked Qhuinn and Layla.  I've been saying for several books that I want them together.  I wanted to slap her though for her attraction to Xcor.  And what was all that "our future is here" or whatever it was Qhuinn thought about Blay?  Really?  Are we going to be treated to a menage with Blay, Qhuinn and Layla?  I'd be up for that ;)


I wanted to shout from the rooftops how glad I was that there was no Omega in this book!  Second book in a row without a lot of Lesser action.  Could this possibly mean that we're done with seeing them up close and personal?  That would be fine with me if we don't hear anything about the Lessers except background noise about the war.  Honestly, I think that whole story line went down the tubes with the whole Lash, son of Omega, garbage that happened and then Lash died.


Ahhh, the last part of the book that I want to talk about is the BoB.  Now this is an enemy I can get behind.  The whole band of them have brass balls to start a war with Wrath and the Brothers.  I think those guys have a lot of potential for story.  And the fact that two of them have fed from a Chosen and like her and she's thinking of one of them?  Yeah buddy!


So, all in all, I laughed, cried and raged at this book.  And now I'm waiting for the next one *sigh*


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Reading Habits

I am an avid book reader.  I have even been known to read a good bit of fanfiction (I'm a Twifan...yes, I admit that in public).  Since joining Goodreads I've come to love to do reading challenges.  In case you're like my best friend and have no clue what that might be, let me explain.  A reading challenge can be as simple as setting a reading goal for the year.  Or it can be as complex as one I'm doing next year that is an Artist Color Wheel Challenge - find book covers that are mainly the colors on the color wheel and are the shades of the grey scale. Anyway, I read Book Chick City's blog  http://www.bookchickcity.com/  and they're doing a Mystery/Suspense reading challenge that I'm going to join in on next year.  I'm going to see if I can read 12 mystery/suspense books.  You may be thinking that that isn't a whole lot of books for someone who claims to be an avid reader; and you're right, it's not BUT I normally don't read myste...

Naked in Death by JD Robb

"I don't think I'm in love with you anymore, I know I am."  Oh. my. gah.  I am sooo in love with Roarke! Holy balls!  Why did I wait so long to read this? (actually I listened) It's like an amazing episode of CSI or Law & Order or some show like that....not that I watch tv all that often, but yeah, Lt Eve Dallas would put those shows to shame! The crime solving portion of the book, which honestly was the majority of the book, was great.  There was enough creep factor to the crime and the reasoning when you found out who it was that did it and why, but it wasn't so bad that you wanted to put it down.  It just made me mad that I couldn't have killed the pervy old man myself. This is definitely a series I will continue.  It may also just convert me to an audio book listener....as you may or may not know, my previous attempts at listening have not gone so well.  But this kept my attention pretty well and I loved the voice characterization of Roa...

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem