Skip to main content

Lover Reborn by JR Ward


Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had 4 long hours of car time to think about what I wanted to say about this.  I both loved and hated this book.  It was wonderful and amazing to get back into this world, but I hated the way Tohr was a total jerk to Autumn/No'One - denying that he was falling in love with her and the way he treated her sometimes nearly killed me.  I get that he lost his mate and felt that he'd never love anyone else ever again, but the things he said to Autumn were rude and uncalled for; and they were said in anger cause he was experiencing what he thought he'd never feel again.


The whole John Matthew and Xhex thing was another love/hate part of the book for me.  I loved that JR Ward showed us that not all the couples have fairy tale perfect lives once they mate.  I hated that Xhex was so stubborn and wouldn't go be with him and wouldn't attempt to compromise before he approached her.  When she decided to work in the club, why couldn't she have gone back to JM and lived with him then?  Very frustrating.


Now, when you read this part, please don't throw tomatoes at me....but I liked Qhuinn and Layla.  I've been saying for several books that I want them together.  I wanted to slap her though for her attraction to Xcor.  And what was all that "our future is here" or whatever it was Qhuinn thought about Blay?  Really?  Are we going to be treated to a menage with Blay, Qhuinn and Layla?  I'd be up for that ;)


I wanted to shout from the rooftops how glad I was that there was no Omega in this book!  Second book in a row without a lot of Lesser action.  Could this possibly mean that we're done with seeing them up close and personal?  That would be fine with me if we don't hear anything about the Lessers except background noise about the war.  Honestly, I think that whole story line went down the tubes with the whole Lash, son of Omega, garbage that happened and then Lash died.


Ahhh, the last part of the book that I want to talk about is the BoB.  Now this is an enemy I can get behind.  The whole band of them have brass balls to start a war with Wrath and the Brothers.  I think those guys have a lot of potential for story.  And the fact that two of them have fed from a Chosen and like her and she's thinking of one of them?  Yeah buddy!


So, all in all, I laughed, cried and raged at this book.  And now I'm waiting for the next one *sigh*


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of