Skip to main content

April Roundup

 We have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!  Spring has finally come to north Alabama and we have been taking advantage of the warmer temps.  

The front of the house has been an eyesore for several years.  The girls have parked in the yard so much that I had absolutely NO grass, just a dirt pile.  I have been asking for grass for about 3 years now LOL  I finally got it!  Hubs and I spent a weekend tilling and adding topsoil and planting grass seed.  Of course, we put hay to cover it.  It's been 2 weeks and I finally have little blades of grass showing up.  We also put in a walkway from the main walk to the driveway.  I LOVE IT!

We also planted some hydrangeas in front of the porch, and some gardenias in front of Harley's room. 
I had to put in a red crepe myrtle on the corner of the house.  I can't wait for them to bloom!  I need to pull the ivy off the house behind the gardenias.  I am not sure where that came from, but it's growing there HAHA 

Ashley and Grant came up for Easter.  We went wedding dress shopping while she was here.  That was a first for me.  She picked out a dress and it looks lovely on her.  We will go venue previewing in a couple weeks when Hubs and I go down to Louisiana to visit.

I've gotten some reading done.  Not as much as usual though.  I've been kind of in a reading slump.  Not necessarily disliking what I am reading, but more it was just meh.  HOWEVER!  I picked up From Blood and Ash by Jennifer L Armentrout and I AM IN LOVE!  Think high fantasy with a maiden who is set to save their world, but she doesn't know if she is blessed or cursed by that future.  The third book came out this week or last - I'm not sure.  But it's #1 on USA Today's list.  YAY for Jennifer!  


I have been doing some cross stitching as well.  I finished The Nativity by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I can not wait to get it framed!  I also finished stitching Chalk Full - Hippity Hop. I want this whole series. 
 


I have been working on Emery's stocking.  I've dedicated Saturday's to it and am calling it Stocking Saturday LOL

My new love is Seasons in Chalk Art by Hands on Design based on artwork by Priscilla Blain. I downloaded all the back issues of Just Cross Stitch from 2016 so I could have the whole series.  I started Stars and Stripes first.  Maybe I will have it done by July.  I dyed the fabric and love how that turned out.




I started back on WW.  And I have been walking.  I'm down 2.6 pounds.  While that doesn't sound like much, trust me when I say it was work!  I may share some recipes that I have been enjoying.  Do you have any recipes you would like to share?  We're doing pulled BBQ pork tonight.  I'll eat mine on open-faced because I have learned that too many carbs kill me.  No matter if I stay within my point goal, if I am carb heavy I won't lose the weight.  And truly, I am not only doing this to lose weight.  I really need to be healthier.  I get winded doing the simplest things.  And I can't paint my own toenails anymore LOL

Until next time... 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lover Unleashed by JR Ward

Are you reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood series?  If you're not, can I ask why not?  And if you're not, I'm going to tell you that I think you need to stop reading this for a few minutes and go to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or some website and either buy you a paper copy or download a copy of Dark Lover and start reading the series (This is a series that HAS to be read in order).  This can wait.  Go do that and then come back and see what I'm going to say. So this was book 9 in the series.  Payne and Manny's story.  And while we got their story, I felt it was eclipsed by Payne's brother Vishous.  I love getting lost in the Brothers' world.  When I open the book and start reading, my children and home all fade away and I'm in Caldwell with them (is Caldwell, NY a real place?).  We got introduced to some new vampires in this installment and that was pretty cool.  There was NO Lesser pov here and that was more than pretty cool.  Just between us

Is it Supposed to be Chewy?

Good Morning!   Yes, I'm one of *those* people.  The ones who are unusually happy and greet everyone with a "good morning".  I use to teach with a lady that would look at me and say, "It's just morning.  There isn't anything good about it cause we're at school."  I'd just smile in response. Because, really?  What is there to say to that? So, I said I was going to try oatmeal this morning.  And I have.  And the jury is still out on whether or not I like it.  I know, you're wondering why I'd try oatmeal if I don't like it.  Or better yet, you're wondering how I've never tried oatmeal before.  Well, let me explain... I'm a Southerner.  Born in southeast Texas, raised in coastal Louisiana, currently shacking up in Alabama. I joke and say you couldn't get much more southern than me since I'm from below I-10 (if you don't understand that, look at the map up there). In fact, I've never lived north of