Skip to main content

Valentine's Day is Approaching!

 My husband and I started dating on January 29.  Valentine's Day was just a mere two weeks later and neither of us were too sure on what to get each other since the relationship was new.  I honestly don't remember what I got him, if I even got him anything.  He did get me a pink stuffed bear though :)

Thirty-two years later we still don't know what to get each other for Valentine's Day LOL  We both like to express the fact that we love each other at any given moment, not necessarily only on Valentine's or our anniversary (and we celebrate both the day we married and the day we started dating).  

But this year, I read a book....I know, shocker!  But seriously, I read a book last week, Steal My Magnolia by Karla Sorensen, and the characters did the most adorable things for Valentine's as they were trying to work their way to being together.  


The main guy, Grady, framed vintage Valentine cards for Magnolia.  That got me to thinking about doing the same thing for Billy.  Billy really isn't a card type of person, but I think he will appreciate this.  Since he is a hunter, I picked one with a deer on it.  I've gotten a simple black frame to put it in.  It's kind of quirky, but it's totally me.  


There are TONS of vintage Valentine cards online.  Some are kind of corny, but some are really cute.  You should definitely check them out.  

Until next time....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Reading Habits

I am an avid book reader.  I have even been known to read a good bit of fanfiction (I'm a Twifan...yes, I admit that in public).  Since joining Goodreads I've come to love to do reading challenges.  In case you're like my best friend and have no clue what that might be, let me explain.  A reading challenge can be as simple as setting a reading goal for the year.  Or it can be as complex as one I'm doing next year that is an Artist Color Wheel Challenge - find book covers that are mainly the colors on the color wheel and are the shades of the grey scale. Anyway, I read Book Chick City's blog  http://www.bookchickcity.com/  and they're doing a Mystery/Suspense reading challenge that I'm going to join in on next year.  I'm going to see if I can read 12 mystery/suspense books.  You may be thinking that that isn't a whole lot of books for someone who claims to be an avid reader; and you're right, it's not BUT I normally don't read myste...

Naked in Death by JD Robb

"I don't think I'm in love with you anymore, I know I am."  Oh. my. gah.  I am sooo in love with Roarke! Holy balls!  Why did I wait so long to read this? (actually I listened) It's like an amazing episode of CSI or Law & Order or some show like that....not that I watch tv all that often, but yeah, Lt Eve Dallas would put those shows to shame! The crime solving portion of the book, which honestly was the majority of the book, was great.  There was enough creep factor to the crime and the reasoning when you found out who it was that did it and why, but it wasn't so bad that you wanted to put it down.  It just made me mad that I couldn't have killed the pervy old man myself. This is definitely a series I will continue.  It may also just convert me to an audio book listener....as you may or may not know, my previous attempts at listening have not gone so well.  But this kept my attention pretty well and I loved the voice characterization of Roa...

Ready for the rodeo?

Well, after being away from sewing and listing and selling for a couple of years, I've finally got something new up. I used an adorable cowboy and cowgirl fabric from Michael Miller and made this skirt and top that would be perfect for a trip to the rodeo. Or it would be great for western day at school. Feel free to check it out...even bid on it ;0) http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Boutique-Rascals-Western-Cowgirl-CBD-FCBM_W0QQitemZ280255354898QQihZ018QQcategoryZ79714QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem